Saturday 20 December 2014

No more bad body image days!

Hey guys!

I guess most of us have those days on which we just can't stand our body. Maybe you've got an eating disorder or you're on a diet or maybe you're just... self concious?? 
I myself have been struggeling with an eating disorder for the past four years. It's hard to like your body when all your life you've been told to hate it, but my body image has honestly gotten so much better over time. There's a few things I did in order to make that happen and I'm going to share these things with you.

1. THROW OUT YOUR SCALE (or at least; don't weigh yourself every day) - honestly though. As someone with an eating disorder my mood depends on my weight. If I've gained weight I'll have a terrible body image day.
"ew you're so fat" "look at your thighs omg' 
If I've lost weight I'll have a good body image day.
"look at that booooty" "omg girl your legs look great"
THIS IS NOT GOOD. If you don't know your weight you won't see that extra pound in the mirror and you won't be able to feel upset about it!

2. Wear clothes you feel comforable in - if you're really self concious about your thighs in skinny jeans don't feel compelled to wear them. You can see if someone feels good in their clothes or not and honestly it's so much more attractive when you can see that someone is feeling comfortable in what they're wearing.

3. Eat healthy - to you it might seem like this has got nothing to do with body image but it sure does. If you're only going to eat unhealthy stuff you're not going to feel good about it, especially not if you're so focussed on your weight. What's important though, is that you don't cut out on everything unhealthy. By eating you're not only feeding your body but also your mind and it needs to be satisfied.

As obvious as these things are to me, they may not be obvious to you at all. I just really hope these tips help you, especially now that it's nearly christmas. 

Don't let your weight rule your life, don't let it ruin christmas for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment